Old Man Winter is here. Ice, snow, and wind can wreak havoc on your home and your budget. Standard homeowners insurance policies can cover most disasters that result from a freeze, but it’s better to minimize the potential risks! Follow these tips to help prepare your home for the bitter cold.
- Clean out gutters and install gutter guards.
- Trim trees and remove dead branches
- Repair steps and handrails.
- Keep sidewalks and entrances to your home clear of snow and ice.
- Keep your garage doors closed.
- Add extra insulation to attics, basements, and around pipes.
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Have your heating system professionally serviced.
- Move combustible items away from heat sources.
- Know where your pipes are located and how to shut the water off.
Even though you take every precaution, problems can still arise. Knight Magee Insurance is here for you!
Give us a call at 804-320-0129 or visit us online at https://knightmageeinsurance.com/insurance-solutions/home-insurance-2/ to review your homeowners insurance policy and ensure you’re protected from anything winter can throw at you.
Knight Magee Insurance
Sources: https://www.iii.org/article/protect-your-home-from-winter-weather &