Skip the hold times, email us at claims@ with the following:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone Number
  • Description of loss

We will report the claim for you or follow-up with additional questions via email or phone. 

Please know if you have a tree down and begin tree removal or have water damage and begin mitigation you can save the receipts for “possible” reimbursement, but until your claim has had an adjuster assigned and has been “approved” there is no guarantee you will be reimbursed

We are not able to deny or approve a claim. This is up to the company and terms of conditions of your policy. 

Due to recent events (hurricane Isaias) and COVID-19 and most employees working from home vs. a call center there can be a delay in the time it takes to A. assign an inside adjuster B. determine coverage C. send out a field adjuster. Please be patient with the carrier and our team as we help you navigate your claim.

Here are a couple things to consider, if you think you need to file a claim:

Q. My neighbors tree fell on my fence, shed, car or other property; do they have to pay for it?

  1. No, if your property is damaged please get with us to report a claim on your homeowners’ insurance. Your neighbor is not responsible for repairs to your property even if the tree came from their property. This is treated as an act of nature and its very difficult to prove negligence or a neighbor’s trees was in disrepair. 

Q. I have water in my basement do I have coverage?

A. This depends on how the water got into your basement. 

Your homeowner’s insurance excludes “flood.” The policy excludes coverage for flood, surface water, waves, tidal water, tsunami, overflow of a body of water, or spray from any of these, whether or not driven by wind; it also excludes water below the surface of the ground, including water which exerts pressure on, or seeps or leaks through sidewalks, driveways, foundations, walls, basement or other floors or through doors, windows or any other openings in such sidewalks, driveways, foundations, walls or floors.

If you have water back up coverage endorsed on to your homeowner’s policy, flood is still excluded. Water back up coverage is intended for escape of water from a sump, sump pump or drain on the residence premises. The coverage provides coverage when water escapes, overflows or discharges from a sump pump or other similar system designed to remove water that is drained from the foundation area.

Q. Should I carry separate flood insurance?

A. Homes and businesses located in moderate-to-low risk areas that have mortgages from federally regulated or insured lenders are typically not required to have flood insurance. These homeowners typically opt to not carry separate coverage due to being in an area of minimal flood hazard. However, flood insurance is always recommended because anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods.

Q. What if I have flood insurance, when should I file a claim?

A. A flood is a general and temporary condition where two or more acres of normally dry land or two or more properties are inundated by water or mudflow. Flood-hazard maps have been created to show different degrees of risk for your community, which help determine the cost of flood insurance. Look up your flood zone here: Flood Mapping

Q. Can I have damage and not be covered?

A. Call us, we are ALWAYS happy to help, but please understand we cannot “approve or deny” coverage. Unfortunately, there is no homeowner’s insurance policy available in Virginia that covers property damage losses due to all causes. The SCC issued the following publication in 2018: Homeowners Insurance Consumer Guide

Skip to content